Pastor David Barger
Senior Pastor David Barger, a resident of San Antonio since 2016, founded the team in the Kansas City Metro, on one guiding principle, “Your wedding done your way”. Since moving the ministry to San Antonio, our team has grown to 5 Officiants. Pastor David brings years of experience and studies into all faiths and religions. His ceremony writing skills have garnered awards and has helped place the team in the Knot.com Officiant Team Hall of Fame. Some of his accomplishments include:
- Ordained Minister and Wedding Officiant
- Founded It’s A Wonderful Life Weddings in Kansas City, 2012
- Motivational Speaker and Consultant
- Retired Broadcast Television Meteorologist
- Bachelors Degree, Wichita State University
- Associates Degree, Barton County Community College
- Attended Oklahoma City University of Law
- Church Eucharistic Minister, Administrative Board, Staff Parish Relations, Sunday School Leader, New Testament Educator
- U.S. Army Veteran
Pastor David is a calm, steady voice to help you realize your wedding dream. Contact him today to secure your wedding date.
“We were so fortunate to have Pastor David for our daughter’s wedding. He was an amazing officiant that was easy to talk with, very helpful in guiding our daughter and now son-in-law in planning their ceremony, and was kind in his interaction with our wedding party and guests. His communication skills are excellent which was quite helpful as we changed dates due to the pandemic. His experience in officiating was quite evident in our ceremony and we are quite grateful for his calm, positive demeanor as well as his sense of humor. The most compliments our guests shared with us throughout the wedding day we’re about how much they liked Pastor David.”
“With all the chaos of wedding planning, Pastor David and Ms. Elaine were the calming, reassuring presence we needed. We did the initial meeting via video chat and immediately knew they were the right fit for us. Pastor David provided several ceremony samples and we went through two revisions. He was committed to making sure it was perfect. At the rehearsal, Ms. Elaine provided guidance, suggestions and patiently waited while we practiced as many times as we needed. On wedding day, both Ms. Elaine and Pastor David encouraged and reassured us, continues to guide the process seamlessly. We ABSOLUTELY recommend It's A Wonderful Life Weddings SA!”
Email Pastor David
Officiant Elaine Hanson
Elaine’s experience as a teacher, learning specialist, and wedding officiant gives her the background to work with each couple in an authentic and caring way. On the day of your wedding, she sets the tone of making your marriage ceremony meaningful and a moment to remember! Elaine specializes in small, intimate weddings, blended families, and renewal of vows. If you are seeking someone who is responsible, respectful and willing to work on your behalf, Elaine is your Wedding Officiant!
- Officiant and Team Member of It’s A Wonderful Life Weddings
- Owner, Hanson’s Tutoring Service, San Antonio
- Bachelor Degree, Education, University of Kansas
- Masters, Degree in Special Education, Kansas State University
- Learning Specialist Education (ED.S.) University of Kansas
- Learning Resource Specialist, USD 233, 30 years in Olathe, Kansas
- Mediation Certificate
- Elementary and High School Sunday School Teacher
"The officiant went above and beyond to ensure that we were comfortable and happy with the script. We passed around multiple drafts to each other, and they were able to accommodate some of our last-minute changes. Elaine was the officiant for our wedding, and she officiated us beautifully. The couple was so understanding of our circumstances with some sick family members, and took extra steps to ensure that they were recognized. They're such a caring and wonderful couple that goes the extra mile for the couples. I highly recommend them!" ~ Jieun H.
"With all the chaos of wedding planning, Pastor David and Ms. Elaine were the calming, reassuring presence we needed.
We did the initial meeting via video chat and immediately knew they were the right fit for us. Pastor David provided several ceremony samples and we went through two revisions. He was committed to making sure it was perfect.
At the rehearsal, Ms. Elaine provided guidance, suggestions and patiently waited while we practiced as many times as we needed.
On wedding day, both Ms. Elaine and Pastor David encouraged and reassured us, continues to guide the process seamlessly.
We ABSOLUTELY recommend It's A Wonderful Life Weddings SA!"
Email Pastor Elaine Hanson
Pastor Jose Cruz
Pastor Jose Cruz has resided in the San Antonio area for over 25 years. His passion for life-long marriages and the honor of witnessing two individuals come together as one, is one of his greatest joys. Throughout the years, he has had the pleasure of officiated numerous wedding ceremonies in the English and Spanish languages, and in some instances in both languages to accommodate the needs of the bride and groom and their loved ones.
He is a graduate of Wayland Baptist University, attaining the following degrees:
- AA - Associate of Applied Science in Religion
- BCM - Baccalaureate in Christian Ministry
- M.Ed. - Master of Education
In his years of service to the San Antonio community, he has had the privilege of serving in the following roles and positions:
- Wedding Officiant
- Ordained Minister
- Bible Study Teacher
- Lead Pastor (Summit Centro Cristiano and The Bridge Christian Center)
- Vice President, Church of Hope Ministries (serving the homeless in the San Antonio community)
- Youth Pastor, Inner City Ministries
- Marriage Retreat Coordinator
- Marriage Coach
Email Pastor José Cruz
El Pastor José Cruz ha residido en el área de San Antonio por más de 25 años. Su pasión por los matrimonios duraderos y el honor de ver a dos personas unirse como una sola, es una de sus mayores alegrías. A lo largo de los años, ha tenido el placer de oficiar numerosas ceremonias de matrimonio en los idiomas de inglés y español, y en algunos casos en ambos idiomas para satisfacer las necesidades de los novios y sus seres queridos.
Él es graduado de la Universidad Bautista Wayland y obtuvo los siguientes títulos universitarios:
- AA - Asociado en Ciencias Aplicadas en Religión
- BCM - Bachillerato en Ministerio Cristiano
- M.Ed. - Maestría en Educación
En sus años de servicio a la comunidad de San Antonio, ha tenido el privilegio de servir en las siguientes funciones y cargos:
- Oficiante de Bodas Matrimoniales
- Ministro Ordenado
- Maestro de Estudios Bíblicos
- Pastor Principal (Summit Centro Cristiano y The Bridge Christian Center)
- Vicepresidente, Ministerio de la Iglesia de Esperanza (sirviendo a las personas desamparadas en la comunidad de San Antonio)
- Pastor de Jóvenes, Ministerios del Interior de la Ciudad
- Coordinador de Retiros Matrimoniales
- Entrenador de Matrimonios
Pastor Joe Hallam
Pastor Joe Hallam, a long time resident of San Antonio, brings to the team years of experience in
personal growth. He is available to Officiate your wedding day with the same quality, compassion, and
style that our other Officiants possess. His career makes him the perfect choice for pre-wedding
counseling, and relationship coaching.
- Ordained Minister and Wedding Official
- Certified Personal Coach
- Motivational Speaker
- National and International Presenter On Spirituality, Substance Abuse Recovery and Marital/Family Challenges
- Trained in Family, Marital and Child counseling/problem solving.
- National Trainer of Substance Abuse Program Professionals
- Time Management Trainer
- Martial Arts Instructor
- Masters in Counseling and Masters in Business Administration.
- Ordained Deacon and Church Trustee
- Retired Military and Civil Service
Pastor Joe is also our resident "Twogether in Texas" service provider. The Healthy Marriage Program provides voluntary marriage and relationship education skills. Contact Pastor Joe personally to find out more.
"I liked the preparation and rehearsal because it made the wedding go so smooth. Pastor Joe was very enthusiastic and very easy to
work with. You could tell this was not his first rodeo and that he had lots of experience. All in all, a great ceremony."
"Pastor Joe was very flexible and was able to handle changes in the ceremony with no stress or fuss. In fact the wedding went exactly
as the rehearsal. Extremely well organized. Truthfully, a great choice for the wedding."
Email Pastor Joe
Pianist Glenda Hallam
If your San Antonio Wedding includes need of a professional piano musician, may we suggest
Pastor Joe's wife, Glenda Hallam. Just like Pastor Joe, Glenda brings a breath of fresh air,
creating an ambiance for your wedding guests to enjoy before, during, and after the ceremony.
- Professional Piano Player
- 65 Years experience playing for Weddings/Churches/Brunches
- Specializes in special events: Weddings/Receptions
- Recorded Multiple CDs that are used as training tools for other
- Has Played worldwide in Churches and Concerts.
Email Glenda Hallam